The Delta Snake Review

The Delta Snake Review

Translate

Monday, March 18, 2024

More Reviews Coming

In 2013, I began a stint as an instrument reviewer for ePinions.com and wrote over a hundred reviews. I've always planned to load these as part of the archive and finally have gotten around to it. I've loaded a couple and will upload these over the next two months. 

Although these aren't current reviews, I think those in the market for used guitars or for general interest will find these pieces interesting.

The set covers a wide range of instruments and features models that may not have a lot of first hand information available. Although the ePinions reviews were often shorter than those you see in guitar magazines, the site did require that the reviewer play and if possible, own the instrument.

In my case, I went through a fairly long GAS period and actually owned most of the instruments covered by the reviews. I also had the opportunity to own rare items like an early 1900s Gibson mandolin, etc, and the upcoming essays will cover those experiences also.

I'll try to upload a couple or a few each week. Although my intent is to present each as originally written, I'll be taking the opportunity to make corrections and fix any grammatical errors. In most cases the original perspective and conclusions won't be changed. 

I won't claim that any of these reviews are definitive, but each will add a little more data and perspective to the pool of information on the instrument being reviewed.

-Al Handa